Monday 14 November 2011

more research

so i found these images by a photographer called 





"While photographing I envisioned breaking the rules, deliberately creating an overly contrasty and grainy reality to parallel my experience.  The contrast was a perfect marriage with my subject matter. I was able to translate the energy and spontaneity. I wanted to let everything go and just concentrate on the raw energy." 
Pari Dukovic born 1984,  his work has apperead in New York Magazine, GQ and The New York Times Magazine.
In March 2011, he was named as one of the PDN 30 Emerging Photographers To Watch


He was talking about New York of course and this series is called Venues of Immortality.. i really don't know what this title means but i can completely relate to how the grainy black and white emphasises the 'energy' and feel of within these shots...

Weirdly Pari Dukovic also loves to dance Tango!

he also did a series on Burlesque dancers and again the movement is enhanced by the high contrast



because i've had Tango and dance on my mind this week i've been in touch with a couple of friends, 
one who teaches Zumba 
(a "high-energy-Latin-inspired-dance-fitness-programme" created by Alberto Perez in 1990's)
and another who dances jive and swing. 

I'm going with my camera to watch both women during their classes and am hoping the venue and environment will be suitable and the subjects accommodating. 
I'm hoping to capture movement, energy and atmosphere and fingers crossed grainy black and white will suit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment